The Mini’s shell is at the painters (Benge Spraypainting and Restoration) and Sin has let us help* with the seam sealing.
It’s possible that disassembling a shell and seeing all the places rust was hiding might have made me a bit paranoid. In any case, I’m sealing every seam that was a bit rusty- which is almost all of them.
Masking tape to keep the sealer contained, brush the sealer into the join then smooth off with a prepsol-soaked rag, and we’re done. An easy 5 days work.
*Sin might have got the impression that I’m a bit fussy about some things, and we decided it might be easier if we did the seam sealing ourselves. Also, we’re cheap, and this is actually fun.